We are determined to help you expand your horizons by providing you with information for an Add-on Certification. If you are a currently an undergraduate candidate seeking certification, you may be eligible for an Add-on Certification. The requirements for the Add-on certification will vary depending on your current certification area.
Candidates who are enrolled in an undergraduate program seeking certification can pursue an Add-on Certification in the following areas:
- Adaptive Physical Education, Grades K-12
- Art Education, Grades K-12
- Computer Literacy, Grades K-12
- Dance Education, Grades K-12
- Early Interventionist, Birth-5
- Elementary Education, Grades 1-5
- Elementary Mathematics Specialist
- Foreign Language Education, Grades K-12
- Health and Physical Education, Grades K-12
- Librarian, Grades K-12
- Middle School Education, Grades 4-8
- Secondary Education, Grades 6-12
- Special Education Mild/Moderate, Grades 1-5
- Special Education Mild/Moderate, Grades 6-12
Candidates who hold a Master’s degree can obtain an Add-on certification in the following areas:
- Educational Diagnostician
- Educational Technology Facilitation
- Educational Technology Leadership
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
- Reading Specialist
Learn more about information about Add-on and Ancillary Endorsements by visiting Teach Louisiana-Certification.
For more information regarding an Add-on Certification, please contact the Office of Student Services at 337-482-6681.