All students in the College of Education who were placed on Academic Suspension at either the end of the previous semester must appeal their suspension by the posted deadline during the beginning of the next semester.
The procedure to appeal academic suspension is:
1. Make an appointment with the Assistant Dean for a suspension appeal by calling the Office of Student Services at 337-482-6681.
2. Pick up a current transcript from the Registrar’s Office in Martin 170.
3. Write a letter to the Dean requesting a suspension appeal, listing all the reasons why a 2.0 cumulative GPA was not earned.
4. Meet with the Office of Student Services to complete a “CAAS" (Committee on Academic Appeals and Standards) Appeal Form.
5. Wait for a decision from the Registrar’s Office – approval or denial of appeal request.
NOTE: Students with 3 or fewer appeals are processed quickly. Students with 4 or more suspension appeals will have to wait until a committee of CAAS members (2 or more from each college) review the request – this may take several days.
6. If approved, students can register for classes, following committee/Dean’s recommendations for courses and credit hour restrictions.